INFORMATION FOR DEVELOPMENT CLIENTS
ICG Link, Inc. is pleased to offer this quick reference to help you
understand the development process. Our professional designers and programmers are skilled and easy to communicate with. If you have
any questions, please visit our support
page. Information on how to contact
us and our handy knowledgebase
are found there.
The Design Process:
- Budget: We will review your web site specifications and ask you to establish a budget range. A web site is a little like a car... you can buy a Chevy or a Ferrari depending on your taste, your budget and your needs. Since we can build a web site for you at a wide range of pricing, we will try to fit your budget with your specifications and we can usually do a pretty good job at matching the two. All our work is done by the hour at our current hourly rate and regardless of estimates, you will only pay for what we do for you. We give you a complete accounting of all the details of everything everyone does for you on the project as it moves along.
- Search Engine Optimization: Before we get started, we need to know if you are hoping to use search engines heavily in your marketing efforts. A strong search engine presence not only adds to the cost of the site, but it may effect the direction we take in the design phase of the project. Any site we design will be found on search engines, but if you want really good placement, we need to take special care and extra effort.
- Concept & Planning: Once the budget is established, one of our designers will be assigned as the lead on your project. They will call and talk with you about how you want visitors to think about your business when they come to your site. We will want you to provide the emotional response you want from the visitors - technical, serious, friendly, cutting edge, warm, cool, whatever. We will need to know if you already have colors and a logo you'd like to use.
- Design: Once the designer gets a feel for what you are looking for, we will draft a snapshot of what the site might look like and post it for your comments. You will tell us what you like, don't like and so on and we will make revisions based on your feedback. After we go back and forth like this a few times, you will have exactly the "look and feel" you are hoping for. Once the main inside design has been established, we will create your "Splash" or introductory page if needed. (If search engine optimization is going to be very important for you, a splash page isn't necessarily recommended.)
- Content: Once the design is established, we will build out any content you have provided including any interactive forms, animations or other art and any other site development that might be required.
- Programming: Our programmers will create any back office administration or other interactivity and programming you might need on the site. The programming phase, if any is needed, can move along with the design phase if necessary to speed things up for you.
- Feedback: During all phases of the project, your feedback will be tightly integrated into the process so that when the web site is finished, it will reflect exactly what you are hoping for.
Other Services Offered
- Web Hosting for clients who need "business class" reliability and performance is available at reasonable prices.
- Task111 comes free with your hosting and allows you to keep track of things to do, manage a project or keep up with who's responsible for various on-going tasks.
- Date111 is a simple on-line office calendar for coordinating the activities of all your various people.
- Bookit111 is an on-line appointment or reservation system we can build right into your existing web site.
- Contact111 is an on-line contact manager, timesheet and project billing system with some unique features that are useful for on-line businesses.
- Build111 is an on-line template driven web site builder. The content management system is so easy to use you can choose from a suite of built-in templates and do-it-yourself or you can ask us to help with a unique custom design.
- Church111 is an on-line template driven web site builder for churches. The content management system is so easy to use you can choose from a suite of built-in templates and do-it-yourself or you can ask us to help with a unique custom design.
- Agent111 is an on-line template driven web site builder specifically designed for real estate agents. It currently has built in feed from the MTRMLS and can be made to link to others. The content management system is so easy to use you can choose from a suite of built-in templates and do-it-yourself or you can ask us to help with a unique custom design.
- Blog111 is an on-line template driven web site builder for bloggers. The blog has all the punch of a WordPress blog with the additional feature set of our powerful web site builders. The content management system is so easy to use you can choose from a suite of built-in templates and do-it-yourself or you can ask us to help with a unique custom design.
you don't find what you are looking for, check the knowledgebase
us directly for more help. We are anxious to know any feedback
you might have so we can improve our service and support.